Welsh and West of England Bullmastiff Society
Open Show September 2010
Judge: Mrs Christina Heath
I would like to thank the Officers and Committee for inviting me to Judge the
Autumn Open Show. It was lovely to receive such a warm welcome and the
hospitality was wonderful.With a real quality entry I was spoilt for choice when
itcame to the top awards, so thank you to the exhibitors for providing me
with such lovely dogs.
Class 1. Veteran Dog or Bitch entries 5 absent 3
1. 57 Murbisa Rocky of Allwatcha – 8 year old brindle dog. Strong head with good
correct ears and dark eye. Nice straight front with tight feet and good bone. In
condition and moved well. Best Veteran
2. 28 Tiraslee Cynan – Fawn dog, 7 years old and full of enthusiasm. Correct head
with good bite. Compact body with good rear angulation. A little boisterous on the
needed to settle to show what he could do.
Class 2. Minor Puppy Dog entries 2 absent 2
1. 5 Sundabish Mr Choo – Hard to resist this eye catching youngster. Beautiful head,
and just the right amount of wrinkle to produce a lovely expression. Nice front with
bone,sufficient rear angulation, moved and handled well. Should have a promising
2. 46 Merignac howz about it for Phoria – Nice head which needs time to develop,
and good pigment. Good reach of neck set into well placed shoulders and strong straight
Good bone and correct feet. Compact, pleasing body, moved well.
Class 3. Puppy Dog entries 4 absent 2
1. 62 Prioryvalley Zorro – Big strapping 11 month fawn puppy. Strong head with broad
and good stop, adequate pigment with nice dark eye. Massive bone with substance right
This boywas full of fun and needed time to settle, but moved with purpose when under
Needs to gain a little more height to give a balanced picture.
2. 19 Afon taff lad – 11 month old red with head developing nicely, good pigment
ear set. Good front and shoulder placement,pleasing outline when stacked. Moved nicely.
Class 4. Junior Dog entries 2 absent 1
1. 6 Oldwell Marshall – I loved this boy, stood alone in the class but a quality
dog and a worthy
winner. Fawn, with lovely balanced head, dark eye,good mouth, correct wrinkle with
expression. Good reachof neck, well laid back shoulder, and plenty of bone. Moved
and showed his socks off till the end. Best Puppy and Reserve Best Dog.
Class 5. Special Yearling Dog entries 4 absent 0
1. 17 Flintstock play it again – Young red dog with a happy, outgoing attitude.
head, dark eye,good ear set and correct pigment. Well balanced body just needing
Lovely effortless movement which secured him the class.
2. 40 Wyburn ynot Wallis – Lots to like about this boy. Impressive head with nice
Compact body,with a good front and nice rear angulation. Would prefer more cover.
fun and gave his handler a hard time, but when under control he moved with typical
3. 16 Nashbank Gryffydd
Class 6. Post Graduate Dog entries 4 absent 3
1. 61 Optimus Gallileo of Molosser – Nice head with dark eye, good ear set, correct
and pigment.Nice straight front with good tight feet. Stood alone in the class,
but gave a polished
performance, moved well and deserved his place. Lots more to come from this lad
as he matures
and fills his frame.
Class 7. Limit Dog entries 5 absent 4
1. 47 Melclassics blazing gold for Phoria – Red dog with pleasing head and expression,
Nicely balanced with good topline on the move.Although alone in the class a worthy
Class 8. Open Dog entries 3 absent 1
1. 53 Ch Casameyer dark saxon of Copperfield JW – What a treat to have this boy entered.
head with perfect proportions, dark eye,and good ear set with correct pigment. Good
lovely typicalexpression. Beautiful straight front with good tight feet, nicely
balanced front to rear
with compact body and correct tail set. Nothing exaggerated about this lad and he
workmanlike precision. Very pleased to award him Best Dog and Best in Show.
2. 30 Pi-et-ra Rio of Trefilio at Optimus – Strong head with wide skull, good pigment,
and correctear set. Very compact body givingthe impression of strength, nice front
bone. Held good level topline on the move and powered round the ring with style.
Class 9. Minor Puppy Bitch entries 6 absent 2
1. 4 Sundabish Suzi Wong – 8 month old fawn bitch with real stage presence. Lovely
stacked,with feminine head of correct proportions, dark eye, and good pigment. Good
neck, good front, shoulder placement and rear angulation. Needs to settle on the
move, but this
did not spoil the overall picture.Handled well and sympathetically.
2. 58 Jaynos English rose of Allwatcha – Lovely head on this young brindle bitch.
Dark eye, good
mouth, pigment and nice expression.Super straight front with good tight feet. Moved
body needs to mature to balance.
3. 59 Flintstock fallen angel
Class 10. Puppy Bitch entries 3 absent 1
1. 7 Oldwell silver dollar – Litter sister to the RBD and not for a moment in his
shadow, this girl
was oozing quality. Lovely outline when stacked, with typical head and expression,
of neck, good bone, short coupled with correct angles. Lovely easy movement for
one so young.
Reserve Best Puppy.
2. 26 Chalfs Stacey – Good sized fawn bitch maturing nicely. Strong head with dark
muzzle, strongpigment and good ear set. Square frame with good bone and nice angles.
Class 11. Junior Bitch entries 4 absent 2
1. 15 Stoneside precious one at Elmbullore – Red bitch with nice head of good proportions.
Good mouth with deep muzzle. Strong, short coupled body with plenty of bone and substance.
Moved out well and held a level topline.
2. Melize red Sonje – Young red bitch with plenty more growing to do. Head a little
definition,but wrinkle there when called for. Good balance between front and rear
well when settled.
Class 12. Special Yearling Bitch entries 2 absent 0
1. 18 Bullproof Bertha by Flintstock – Striking head with correct proportions, perfect
wideflat muzzle and a lovely expression.Good shoulder placement and rear angulation
good tail set and level topline. Moved well.
2. 8 Oldwell Dorothea – Fawn bitch of good size. Nice head, but would have preferred
stop. Good mouth and dark eye, good pigment.Nice front with good shoulder placement
rear angulation.Strong ground covering movement.
Class 13. Post Graduate Bitch entries 3 absent 1
1. 21 Jacmaly checkout chic for Gertlush – Nice cobby red bitch. Square from all
Good bone and substance. Lovely front with excellent feet, nicely balanced body
through on the move. Very strong head with correct proportions but would have preferred
little less wrinkle, otherwise could have gone further.
2. 32 Snetts ruby enchantment – Nice head with good pigment. Short coupled with
angulation. Didn’t seem very cheerful,but moved well.
Class 14. Limit Bitch entries 5 absent 2
1. 9 Oldwell New Yorker – Pale fawn with lovely dark eye, nice ear set, correct
Good mouth. Plentyof bone and substance but still very feminine. Lovely rear angulation,
moved with ease.
2. 54 Copperfield Rubina Buffle – Could easily have changed places with 1 just lost
attitude. Lovely feminine head with perfect proportions. Short coupled body with
of neck, good bone and nice angles all round to make for a pleasing picture. Moved
3. 26 Chalfs Stacey
Class 15. Open Bitch entries 5 absent 2
1. 39 Wyburn Terable – Loved this girls attitude, full of fun, but ready to work
Super head with just the right amount of wrinkle, perfect proportions and good pigment.
Short coupled and cobby with good shoulder placement and rear angulation. Covered
ground with ease and I’m sure she could have worked all day.
Best Bitch and Reserve Best in Show
2. 55 World/Int/Hun CH PI-ET-RA Pandora of Trefilio – Red bitch with lovely sound
construction. Very strong head but would have preferred a touch less wrinkle. Strong
outline, in lovely condition, beautifully balanced. Moved well with good
topline, only just lost out to 1. Reserve Best Bitch
3. 56 Jenmore sugar crystal of Allwatcha
Class 16 Mulorna Special Open Stakes entries 7 absent 3
1. 6 Oldwell Marshell
2. 7 Oldwell silver dollar
3. 21 Jacmaly checkout chic for Gertlush
Class 17 Welsh and West of England Special Open Stakes entries 2 absent 0
1. 21 Jacmaly checkout chic for Gertlush
2. 56 Jenmore sugar crystal of Allwatcha
Class 18 Special Beginners Dog or Bitch entries 3 absent 2
1. 26 Chalfs Stacey
Class 19 Brace entries 3 absent 0
1. 53 Warren
2. 8 Colliass
3. 57 White